Main points from EA October 2021 Update
- Lowdham Flag and the Parish council had a very positive meeting with the EA in October at their monthly review meeting.
- Recovery works moving ahead rapidly
- The ’insurance policy’ of pumps has been put in place. Two of the pumps will move water around the working area in the Beck, while the other three move water into the cricket pitch where it can be released at an appropriate rate into the beck. In order to safeguard the pitch and beck from the “energy” in the water discharge, coconut matting is being used on the pitch and gabions placed in the beck.
- There is a slight delay in delivery of the piling (from Luxembourg) which may delay start of piling until late November which in turn will likely push finishing date till after Christmas. Pitch and garden re-instatement still planned for Jan to March.
- Severn Trent sewerage pipe no longer an issue.
- Capital scheme
- Hope to have the outline business case signed off on November 4th. Although this is later than planned there is no impact on timescales as later works have been happening concurrently.
- Scheme has been submitted to NSDC who will shortly be assigning a planning officer and beginning the planning process. The plans will be available on the NSDC planning portal.
- The current scheme has a 47 week build time and so based on a June 2022 start and allowance for holidays the scheme will be completed late summer 2023