The Environment Agency are working on the Left Bank Recovery Project. This page shows progress and the official EA Communications which are posted around the village and on our Facebook page.
- Work began in September 2020 to prepare the site and piling is expected to complete mid January 2022.
- The 5 pipes are ‘insurance’ while the main Beck is temporarily filled to create a ‘road’ to allow the piling machine to drive across the Beck and ‘hammer in’ the steel piling.
- The Beck has two 900mm pipes included within the ‘road’ to allow normal flow of the Beck. Two of the pipes allow extra volume of water to either flow around the ‘road’ and three of the pipes allow water to be temporarily stored on the cricket pitch.
- Each pipe is supported by a pump which extracts the water from the beck so the capacity of the pipe is greater than the simple area of the pipe
- The pitches and residents gardens will be re-established in Spring 2022. It will take time for the grass / plants to be fully re-established.